Most people own bicycles that they usually use for exercise, short distance movement or just cycling for fun. However, there are some people who like experiencing an adventure by riding beyond the smooth roads on different terrains.
Nonetheless, to be able to achieve all that, it is essential to invest in an ideal bicycle that is capable of withstanding the different terrains while still providing you comfort and safety. Therefore, the best bicycle to purchase is a mountain bike which will meet all your cycling desires while on the road.
Mountain Bikes Prices
It is true that mountain bikes are expensive compared to other ordinary bicycles. Since they are made of good quality materials and powerful components, their added features are required so they can endure the hard rides on the rough trails.
Moreover, to ensure mountain bike lovers get to experience great fun, the top-notch cycling industries also manufacture affordable bikes with the same quality and standards as the more than $ 500 mountain bikes.
So with no further ado,
Below are the best under $500 top mountain bikes for you.
1. Raleigh Tekoa Sport 29er Hard Tail Mountain Bike
Raleigh manufacturers are one of the most well-known and respected cycling brands worldwide. Having been in the business for over 130 years, their classic high- quality bikes are ideal for all mountain bikes lovers.
The Tekoa sport 29er cross-country mountain bike is a perfect fit for beginners or experts who are going for long distance rides. Apart from that, this mountain bike is versatile in design and usage, capable of riding on rough terrain.
· Aluminum or carbon frame
· 29- Inch wheels
· Suntour XCR 32 fork/ 100 mm smooth travel
· Tektro Auriga Hydraulic brakes with 160 mm Rotors
· The mountain bike is highly efficient
· It has 24 speeds
· Easy to pedal on smooth roads or rocky terrains
· High –quality hydraulic brakes enables the bike to stop on time
· Derailleur gear is made of high quality
· It is only suited for cross country riding
· It’s rear derailleur makes a lot of noise
· It is shipped while partially assembled
With the main problem of the Tekoa sports 29er Hard Tail Mountain bike being the long time spent on assembling it. Therefore, it is advisable to seek an expert to assemble the bike for you for a small fee.
2. Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike 26- wheel size “18 Frame
The Mongoose Dolomite mountain bike is becoming more popular with bike loversespecially the 5’6 and 6’ tall riders.
Known for its super-sized beach cruiser frame, its all-terrain knobby tires make it easy to maneuver on the sand, rocks or snow.
With its 7-speed Shimano rear derailleur, the bike can easily climb a hill and also easily change gears with no hitches.
· Alloy front and rear disc brakes
· 7-speed Shimano rear derailleur
· 4-inch knobby wheels
· Made of steel frame
· Lightweight alloy wheels
· Durable steel frame
· Wide 4 inch knobby tires provide plenty of balance and stability
· Headset is lightweight and adjustable
· Its Shimano rear derailleur is of high-quality
· The bike is too heavy
· Chain slips off regularly making it weak
· It is comfortable although a bit slow
Although, this bike may be too heavy and slow than other mountains bikes, keep in mind it is not meant for racing but to easily maneuver any rough terrain. In addition, it has a lifetime warranty offer.
3. Diamondback Bicycles Recoil 29 er Full Suspension
The Diamond bicycle recoil is made of a stylish look that comes in two sizes, the small and medium size. The mountain bike has strong weight support due to its durable frame made of aluminum.
Also known for its safety the Diamondback bicycles recoil comes with Tekro Aires mechanical disc brakes. The brakes are capable of high stopping power in case of any unexpected situation without any difficulty.
· Suntour XCM suspension fork/ 120 mm travel
· 8- speed Shimano drivetrain
· 29- inch wheels
· 6061T-6 aluminum frame
· It is stylish
· It has powerful brakes
· It has wide inched wheels ideal for easy maneuvering
· It has an impressive gear
· The bike is easily assembled
· The pedals are made of plastic which is not suitable for wet or muddy conditions
· The rear shock is too lightweight
· Its front fork is made of poor quality
Apart from the above cons, the Diamondback recoil is a great choice for beginners and intermediate riders since it comes with a variety of sizes from extra small to extra-large bikes.
4. GMC Topkick Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike-26 inch
The GMC Topkick is manufactured by a company known as Kent international and comes in two colors, matte black and blue. It is built ideally for beginners and has a strong aluminum frame.
In addition to that, being a dual suspension bike it has large coiled spring’s forks that are good shock absorbers.
· Strong aluminum frame
· Quality design
· Bike has a strong wheel set
· It has two great integrated gears
· Micro shift push shifters and Shimano TZ- 30GS derailleur
· The bike is of high quality
· It has a 21-speed bike with full suspension
· Seats are adjustable
· It has a 36-spoke alloy wheels
· Offers a limited warranty
· It is not ideal for rough terrains
· Bike’s handlebar is not adjustable
· It has a small frame which makes it difficult to insert a bike rack
Even if the mountain bike is not ideal for rugged terrains, it is a good investment for beginners as it enables them to start riding on smooth roads.
5. Cannondale Foray 3 26.5” Women’s Bike
Just as the name suggests, the Cannondale Foray is made for women especially beginners. Known for its affordable price and stylish purple look, the bike has friendly features for women and makes riding a pleasant hobby.
To make it easier for women to get on and off the bike, the bike is built around a lightweight and durable aluminum frame with a low top tube. Furthermore, the SR Suntour fork suspension enables the bike to travel at 75mm making it ideal to travel on bumpy roads and moderate trails.
· Knobby tires which provide a good grip in the wet season
· Cable-actuated disc brakes
· 6061 aluminum frame
· Reliable Shimano Tourney 7-speed derailleur
· 21 Gear speed
· SR Suntour 3030 fork/ 100 mm travel
· Durable aluminum frame
· Bike is lightweight
· It is Versatile
· The tires wear out quickly
· There is no direct shipment to home or office addresses
· It is only suitable for women
All in all, the Cannondale foray 3 is an excellent bike for beginners to enjoy riding since it is custom –made for women to ensure comfort and safety.
6. Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Dual Suspension Mountain Bike
The Schwinn Protocol 1.0 dual suspension is known for its affordable price and stylish design. Having excellent rims and tires, it enables the rider to experience a smooth ride while being in total control.
The Shimano EF-50 trigger shifter ensures smooth gear changes no matter how fast the bike is going.
· Front disc brake
· 24 gear speed
· Aluminum suspension frame
· Shimano Altus rear derailleur
· Shimano EF- 50 trigger shifters
· Reliable brakes in all weather conditions
· Durable frame
· Easy to assemble
· Super suspension fork
· Striking design
· It is lightweight
· The 24 gear is speed system is suitable for entry-level riders
· Does not have water bottle handle
· Seat is not comfortable when riding long distance
· Speed system is not suitable for experienced riders
· Wheel size is difficult to overcome unexpected challenges
Though its speed is limited, the Schwinn Protocol 1.0 reliable brake ensures you have maximum safety in all weather conditions.
In addition, if you are not satisfied with any particular part, you can visit any bicycle shop for some adjustments.
7. Murtisol Aluminum Mountain Bike 27.5’’ Hybrid Bicycle
If you are looking for a durable and comfortable bike for a reasonable price, the Murtisol aluminum mountain bike is the best option for you. With its smooth mechanical disc brakes, you have increased safety and controllability.
In addition to that, the mountain bike provides extra comfort with its front fork suspension that minimizes vibration when riding on rugged terrains. It also has an option of adjusting the seat according to your height.
· 2I speed shifter
· Ideal for people of 5’1’’ to 5’9’’
· Shimano Rear Derailleur
· Suspension front fork
· 27.5” A/V Aluminum Rims
· 250 LBs weight capacity
· Very comfortable
· Adjustable seats
· Bike is lightweight
· Quick shipping
· Only available in black and white color
· Seat height limits the number of users
Being the ideal bike for tall people, the Murtisol bike is the best reliable and comfortable bike to purchase.
Purchasing the right mountain bike may be confusing if you are new to riding. However, to avoid getting a bike that doesn’t suit your needs check out the above guidelines. Our recommendations would enable you to choose the right mountain bike at a reasonable price as well as pleasant riding experience.